OVERVIEW OF PETERS & CO. LIMITED
Peters & Co. is an independent, fully integrated investment dealer which has specialized for over 48 years in investments in the Canadian energy sector. Peters & Co. provides investment services to institutional investors and private clients; employs its own sales and trading group; conducts specialized and comprehensive investment research on the E&P, midstream, and energy services sectors; and is an active underwriter for, and financial advisor to, companies active in the Canadian and international energy industry.
JOB OPPORTUNITY – RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Peters & Co. is currently seeking to hire a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our Research Department. As a member of our research team, a successful candidate will work on assisting a Senior Analyst in coverage of public energy companies. The successful candidate will develop advanced skills in financial modeling as well as a strong understanding of financial statement analysis and valuation methods, while also maintaining company databases and models for a wide variety of energy companies. In addition, the candidate will be able to prepare and maintain type curves for various plays utilizing data from geoSCOUT/AccuMap.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Business, engineering, or math oriented undergraduate degree;
- Financial, accounting and/or energy sector related work experience;
- Requires a high energy level in a demanding work environment (long days and early mornings).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products;
- Above average qualities of leadership, work ethic, and motivation;
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Acute attention to detail; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com and reference Research Associate Job Opportunity in the subject line. All applications received will be held in the strictest of confidence. We appreciate all applicants’ interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.