About the company
Elevar Equity (www.elevarequity.com), a human-centered capital firm, invests in transformative and scalable ventures focused on underserved customers in low-income communities in India and Latin America. Led by an entrepreneurial emerging markets team regarded as pioneers in impact investing, Elevar has been the founding or early growth capital in several profitable and affordable distribution models. Elevar’s investments span financial services, education, agriculture, healthcare and housing. The Elevar Method of investing has democratized access to essential products and services for over 25 million underserved customers and catalyzed billions of dollars of capital into more than 35 companies.
Position and Responsibilities:
The primary activities of this role would include: (i) financial analysis (building financial models, business sensitivity analyses, valuations, exit scenarios and capitalization tables; developing valuation methodologies and frameworks for portfolio companies and new deals; and developing and managing a database of market and transaction comps), (ii) transaction support (reviewing business plans, summarizing findings and preparing reports; supporting due diligence efforts including field diligence, industry analysis and managing service providers; and writing investment memoranda), (iii) portfolio company management (tracking financial and operating metrics; preparing quarterly performance reports; and working on company-specific projects). This role will be based out of Mexico City, Mexico and the candidate must be fluent in spanish language.
We are looking for a candidate who has a rare mix of confidence, excellence, curiosity, empathy and humility. If you feel a sense of urgency to drive transformational change for low-income communities and have demonstrated a relevant commercial track record based on the criteria below, we would love to hear from you.
- 2 years of experience in investing, finance, investment banking, business/operations consulting or a similar background, with a willingness to unlearn and relearn at Elevar (including over lunch conversations, street food and field trips).
- Demonstrated ability to build and analyze financial models, understand business models, navigate large datasets to distill key points, strong research capabilities, an aptitude for project management and exceptional business communication skills in English and Spanish (written and spoken) with a bias for simplicity and clarity.
- Attention to detail (can find a needle in a haystack), a willingness to work hard / take ownership (bias for immediate action), a tremendous sense of humor (ability to laugh at oneself), a team player (organizational goals over individual credit), a deep desire to work at Elevar and the ability to take instant feedback (an opportunity for growth).
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter and resume with the email subject line “ANALYST - EE LA”. We want to know why you want to work at Elevar and why we should recruit you (share examples of things you have done, how you would approach your day to day job and the criteria that you do not meet). If we get curious about your application, you will hear from us within 10 days.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Asset Owner Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Owner Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Owner Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors