Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
Reporting to the Manager, Investment Analysis, the Investment Analyst supports TransAlta’s strategic growth efforts by spearheading the evaluation of growth opportunities. The Investment Analyst performs timely, accurate and comprehensive financial analysis on significant growth projects including mergers and acquisitions, and business development opportunities being evaluated by the company. The Investment Analyst also performs financial analysis of corporate initiatives, such as drop-down financing activities and corporate acquisitions.
- Performing timely, accurate and comprehensive financial analysis of growth opportunities, including potential acquisitions and business development opportunities.
- Preparing project overviews, and presentations of results.
- Performing ad hoc analysis, including the creation of financial models and analysis of business trends to support the growth of the business.
- Delivering accurate analyses of corporate impacts of investment decisions for both TransAlta and TransAlta Renewables.
- Ensuring consistency in approach and output for all corporate financial modelling.
- Participation within a deal team to revise and update analyses as parameters of a deal change.
- Degree and/or professional designation in finance, economics or business.
- CFA (or working towards) considered an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial or investment analysis.
- Experience in financial modeling. Expert level Excel skills.
- Well-developed understanding of valuation techniques and financial metrics that generate value for TransAlta.
- Strong business acumen, analysis, interpretation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at various stages.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to develop working relationships with people at all organizational levels.
- Flexible, ability to learn quickly, and ability to adapt to changing work assignments and priorities.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.