1 day left
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high net worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies intended to meet their unique investment goals.
Throughout our history, Prime Buchholz has partnered with clients who have sought to align their investments with their missions. We have been helping clients—from endowments divesting from fossil fuels, to foundations proactively investing in solution-oriented products, to clients seeking managers that integrate environment, social, and governance (ESG) factors into their investment process—create portfolios that reflect their values for nearly three decades.
The Performance Analyst will support team members through knowledge about the industry, global capital markets, and portfolio investments. The primary responsibility of the Performance Analyst is to calculate and reconcile investment performance efficiently and accurately.
What You'll Do
- Apply investment knowledge and sound judgment to select appropriate benchmarks and peer universe comparisons for all investments and plans
- Utilize various custodian bank downloads and data files for proprietary performance measurement system input
- Utilize proprietary database of client statements on a monthly basis to complete performance measurement calculations for all client investments
- Maintain monthly cashflows for 25–30 assigned client accounts by calculating and reconciling monthly investment valuations, transactions, fees, and investment returns for marketable and nonmarketable investments
- Calculate portfolio characteristics for client reports that include but are not limited to: equity, fixed income, hedge funds, and real assets
- Analyze client meeting reports in a timely manner and ensure all job-specific action items are handled through completion
- Deliver accurate and timely monthly executive summaries and quarterly reports for client relationships
- Ensure data input accuracy
- Interact professionally with custodial banks, mutual fund companies, and investment managers—in writing and verbally
- Work in a team environment with analysts and senior investment professionals who may be located in other areas of the country
- Interact with clients regarding performance-related issues
- Use our contact management database to deliver client performance reports electronically to client contacts
- Assist in creating new templates onto proprietary performance measurement system
- Prepare ad hoc reports, custom slides, and presentations for clients and principals of the Firm
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or business-related field; CFA, CAIA, or CIPM designation (or progress towards/ willingness to pursue these credentials) preferred
- No less than one year of financial industry experience; investment industry preferred
- General investment knowledge required
- Prior experience with InvestmentMetrics software (PARis module) preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem-solving skills on a consistent basis
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability, and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Effective time management, prioritization of tasks, and overall organization a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically with respect to financial functions and chart generation.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits – May include matching 401k contributions, profit-sharing, discretionary bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance plans, and generous paid time off.
- Meaningful work and mission – You already know we help bring our clients’ dreams to fruition; what sets us apart is that we do it with a rare independence that allows us to put clients first—always.
- Direct access to firm principals – Our size allows for firmwide collaboration and regular exposure to our leaders.
- Respect for (and flexibility that allows for) work/life balance – And—while you’re at the office—a genial, collaborative office culture.
- Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional – We encourage professional development and internal advancement. We also actively support our employees’ community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities.
- Location – City vibe or country charm—you don’t have to choose. We’re headquartered in the small, historic city of Portsmouth, NH. And while it may be small, it packs cultural, culinary, and entertainment punches strong enough to keep ears ringing nationwide.
- Fun! – There’s no taking away from how seriously we take our mission, but we also enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We even have a Fun Committee. Think catered lunches, firm outings and activities, lunchtime fitness classes, and more.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.