Senior Research Analyst – Utility Sector (Portfolio Analyst EQ 3)
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $476 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
The Compass Equity team at Wells Fargo Asset Management is seeking to hire a senior research analyst. The analyst will conduct research in the utility space and associated areas for Wells Capital Management Portfolio Managers. Based on findings, the analyst is expected to make buy, sell, and hold recommendations. The ideal candidate for the role has a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in building out the WFAM business and brand.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
· Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research to identify attractive investment opportunities using internal, sell-side, or other external information sources.
· Understanding and presenting company key issues and catalysts efficiently to optimize the portfolio management process.
· Providing timely recommendations to portfolio manager with the goal of achieving excellent and consistent investment performance (exceeding relative benchmarks and peer groups).
· Developing relationships with company management teams, investor relations personnel, and sell-side analysts.
· Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the Compass Equity team and throughout Wells Capital Management.
· 5+ years of equity investment research experience
· Research experience
· Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
· Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
· Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong independent thinking skills
· An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Other Desired Qualifications
· Minimum 10 years’ demonstrated experience with fundamental research and valuation skills analyzing companies with the majority of experience in the utility or related sector
· Client facing experience, a plus
· Passion for analysis; winning attitude; entrepreneurial approach; high energy level and professional dedication
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.