Associate - Investment Banking
Spark Capital Advisors (India) Pvt. Ltd.
IB Associate Role – Job Description
About Spark Capital:
- Spark Capital is India’s leading full-service mid-market investment bank, providing a full suite of services encompassing Investment Banking Advisory, Institutional Equities, Wealth Management, Portfolio Management Services, Structured Finance & Debt Syndication.
- Spark’s Investment Banking Advisory division has successfully consummated a total transaction value of ~US$1.6 Bn across 30 transactions in the last 36 months
- Spark’s Investment Banking division has a presence in Bangalore, Chennai, London & Mumbai
- ~25 strong Investment Banking team (~125 employees overall)
- Website: www.sparkcapital.in
Associate - Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-transaction lifecycle – Assisting in scoping out opportunities for business development including industry research, opportunity profiling, pitching (creating pitchbooks) etc.
- Transaction lifecycle – Preparing marketing materials (information memorandum and financial model), handling investor queries and interactions, supporting the diligence and documentation process etc.
Associate - Expected Skill Sets/ Pre-requisites:
- Sound understanding of accounting and fundamental finance concepts
- Excellent written, communication and articulation skills
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and other MS Office tools
- Not shy to roll up one’s sleeves and work on open-ended assignments
- Ability to analyse and identify patterns from unstructured data
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure, team-based work environment
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes
- Self-driven and must possess an excellent work ethic
- Any relevant and/ or prior work experience will be given due consideration in the hiring process
- Ideally suited for candidates open to a long term career in front-end investment banking in India