Global Analyst, Asset Allocation
Summary Responsible for assisting senior partners in the management of investment relationships and funds for both retail and institutional clients in a multi-asset framework. Will work with senior partners on the Global Asset Allocation team including both asset allocation and portfolio strategy groups as well as the Fundamental Equity Research team, primarily with respect to the Model Equity Portfolio. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support senior partners in the formulation of investment strategy and communication of that strategy.
- Assist with the management of asset allocation and equity models, working with the Managed Accounts Group.
- Assist in the construction, oversight, and marketing of multi-asset portfolios used to fulfill target asset allocations.
- Provide senior partners with statistical and market data, such as market outlook and graphs, for use in creating marketing booklets and other materials for Northern Trust clients. Oversee distribution of reports.
- Bring an intellectual curiosity to Northern Trusts market outlook and portfolio construction processes.
- Display high level of teamwork toward achieving Northern Trusts goals. Maintain a positive influence in the group. Proactively advise Northern Trust partners of issues that may affect client/prospects in either a positive or negative way.
- Two to three years industry related experience, preferably in the Multi-Asset business.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide investment recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative information.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) required. Experience with macros and programming (VBA, R, or Python) preferred.
- Working towards CFA or CSIs CIM® designation is required.
- University Degree required, preferably BComm/BS/BA in Finance, Economics or related fields.