Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
MGA Entertainment is a toy and family entertainment company headquartered in Chatsworth, California. MGA designs, develop, manufactures, and markets innovative lines of toys for children and families around the world. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise!, Little Tikes, Project Mc2, Bratz, and Baby Born. For more information please visit www.mgae.com.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis collaborates with senior leaders to increase MGA’s efficiency and profitability through financial planning, cost control, and analysis.
- Connect with cross-functional leaders to develop and share financial insights
- Support business-based decision making
- Lead and develop a team of Financial Analysts
- Lead the process to formulate and deliver the annual budget and rolling forecasts.
- Create and maintain the integrated financial model of the firm
- Support the senior team in crafting the strategic plan and capital plan
- Collaborate cross-functionally to project the long-term growth of the company and determine the impacting business factors.
- Deliver KPI dashboard and regular scorecard reporting to the senior team.
- Conduct regular business reviews of profit centers and departments
- Analyze the company's financial and operational results to better understand company performance and provide detailed analysis and commentary on profit center results.
- In conjunction with the head of marketing, regularly review Media and Marketing spend and evaluate the ROI of marketing plans.
- Regularly review and recommend new productivity or cost-saving initiatives.
- Deliver competitor analysis, market trends, and associated commentary to the leadership team.
- Utilize BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance.
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of relevant analytical experience related to projecting financial and analyzing financial statements and commercial activity.
- MBA preferred
- CFA preferred