The SBA is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join its Global Equity (GE) asset class. The Portfolio Manager will be an integral member of a 17-person team managing over $85 billion of public market equity assets in U.S. and international markets. The team directly manages passive and active strategies internally and engages the services of leading institutional asset managers across the globe. The Portfolio Manager will focus on two key objectives of the asset class, the identification, research and monitoring of return generating investment strategies, and investment risk management. Investment strategies include traditional long-only equity funds and opportunistic / non-traditional equity strategies. The position will have an important role evaluating the risk and structure of the asset class, using a variety of risk management models to analyze and interpret risk and to recommend investment changes.
What you’ll do
- Work to identify, research, select and oversee opportunistic / non-traditional equity investment strategies.
- Develop, interpret, and present multiple investment risk analyses, identifying risks and recommending changes to the Global Equity asset class.
- Maintain and advance expertise of risk management and attribution tools to analyze individual strategies, sub-aggregates and the asset class, forecasting the impact of proposed structural changes.
- Serve as fund-of-funds portfolio manager for assigned sub-aggregate(s) by monitoring activity, performance and manager structure. Perform due diligence on external managers, evaluating investment process, portfolio exposures, risk management and performance. Identify and research new investment strategies for inclusion within sub-aggregate(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business or a related field and three years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
- Broad experience in the application and analysis of quantitative techniques used in investment management
- Experience with fund-of-funds portfolio oversight including use of risk management reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of fund-of-funds portfolio construction and risk management techniques
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with comprehensive knowledge of finance and investment concepts
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write clear memos and develop and deliver presentations
- Skill in developing performance analyses, including attribution of fund performance
- Ability to interpret quantitative performance and risk data to make complex decisions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity, critical reasoning skills and knowledge of the equity markets
- Travels periodically to various locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. Involves work outside of normal business hours and working remotely to maintain contact with others and normal office-related duties.
More searches like this
- Foreign Currency Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors