Operational Due Diligence Associate
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high net worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies intended to meet their unique investment goals.
Throughout our history, Prime Buchholz has partnered with clients who have sought to align their investments with their missions. We have been helping clients—from endowments divesting from fossil fuels, to foundations proactively investing in solution-oriented products, to clients seeking managers that integrate environment, social, and governance (ESG) factors into their investment process—create portfolios that reflect their values for nearly three decades.
The Operational Due Diligence Associate supports the initial and ongoing operational due diligence processes. The candidate will assist the Director of Risk Management with the review and ongoing monitoring of investment managers in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include reviewing documents, analyzing data, and tracking information in the Firm’s databases.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate operational policies and procedures of investment managers and prepare written summaries of managers’ operational capabilities across traditional and alternative investment strategies
- Perform ongoing monitoring of investment managers by reviewing, analyzing, and tracking financial statements, ADVs, fund valuation policies, marketing materials, and other documents
- Review, track, and update a variety of information for new and existing managers, including ownership, employees, regulatory events, and public filings
- Participate in both on-site due diligence and conference calls with investment managers.
- Contribute to initial and ongoing manager assessment process
- Potential to take on responsibility for presenting key findings to the Firm’s asset class committees
- Verify performance reporting in fund financials and marketing materials
- Interface directly with investment managers and service providers to verify information as needed
- Maintain documents in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures
- Oversee and assist with collection of documents as needed
- Assist with the coordination and prioritization of operational due diligence activities and processes across departments
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business related field preferred; or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of two years investment industry experience
- A willingness and desire to proactively accept opportunities to expand experience and grow within the firm
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team and across departments
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability, and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability
- Intermediate-to-advanced experience with Microsoft Office products; proficient in Excel
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing systems such as eVestment, Morningstar, QuickBase, PARis, EDGAR, and FactSet a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits – May include matching 401k contributions, profit-sharing, discretionary bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance plans, and generous paid time off.
- Meaningful work and mission – You already know we help bring our clients’ dreams to fruition; what sets us apart is that we do it with a rare independence that allows us to put clients first—always.
- Direct access to firm principals – Our size allows for firm wide collaboration and regular exposure to our leaders.
- Respect for (and flexibility that allows for) work/life balance – And—while you’re at the office—a genial, collaborative office culture.
- Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional – We encourage professional development and internal advancement. We also actively support our employees’ community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities.
- Location – City vibe or country charm—you don’t have to choose. We’re headquartered in the small, historic city of Portsmouth, NH. And while it may be small, it packs cultural, culinary, and entertainment punches strong enough to keep ears ringing nationwide.
- Fun! – There’s no taking away from how seriously we take our mission, but we also enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We even have a Fun Committee. Think catered lunches, firm outings and activities, lunchtime fitness classes, and more.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.