About the role
Walton Enterprises is seeking an Investment Director to lead the execution and monitoring of private investments across all asset classes—including social impact, venture capital, equity, debt, real estate, and infrastructure investments—as a member of the Family Advisory Services Team (“FAST”).
What you will do
As a crucial member of FAST, you will report to the Co-Lead, Direct & Thematic Investments, and will work with Investment Analysts to:
- Supervise the quantitative and qualitative analysis of investment opportunities, including financial modeling, company analysis, market and competitive analysis, analysis of investment merits and concerns, management benchmarking, evaluation of company and investment structure, and returns analysis
- Produce written and presentation materials to communicate the above investment analysis to our Executive Principals
- Obtain the third party analyses—external consultants, tax, legal, etc.—and Executive Principal approvals required to execute investments
- Supervise ongoing monitoring and oversight of existing investments, including analyzing financial figures received, responding to follow-on capital raises and other corporate actions, and exiting investments
- Perform other duties as required and necessary to accomplish goals and objectives, including sourcing relevant investment opportunities
Basic qualifications for this role
- 7+ years of work experience in investments—preferably at an investment bank, commercial bank, consulting firm, or investment manager—including 3+ years of leading due diligence processes and supervising junior analysts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Characteristics that will support your success
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and agility
- Knowledge of private investment due diligence processes
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Interest and drive to teach and develop both subordinates and peers
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Strong communication skills—able to articulate ideas, communicate tactfully, and give and receive feedback
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
After an initial screening interview with a member of our HR team, qualified candidates will be invited (on a rolling basis until the position is filled) to complete a substantial take-home case study designed to assess the degree to which they meet the basic qualifications for the role. Candidates who successfully complete the case study will be invited to two rounds of interviews: first with the FAST team in Denver, Colorado, and then in Bentonville, Arkansas with senior members of Walton Enterprises.
About Walton Enterprises
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, Walton Enterprises is a family office that manages accounting, investments, compliance, property management, legal support, and other services on behalf of its Executive Principals.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.