Operational Risk Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The role of the RISK ORC –Operational Risk Analyst is to contribute to the implementation of all the components of Operational Risk & Permanent Control Framework in BNP Paribas Securities Services Portugal .
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Challenge Business Lines mainly by the execution of level 2 controls and independent challenge and opinion on the effectiveness of the control framework
- Formalisation and recommendation follow-up in case of non-satisfactory results
- Challenge the Business Lines on remediation of outstanding recommendations
- Contribute to the production of reports and dashboards on recommendations status
- Perform the quality review of historical incidents which impacted the businesses
- Challenge significant incidents description and remediation plans
- Contribute to the production of reports and dashboards on historical incidents
- Perform the quality review of local potential incidents that could affect the businesses
- Check the consistency of potential incidents impacts and the risk appetite Challenge the businesses and sign-off on potential incidents quantification
- Identification and assessment of risks and controls
- Challenge risk assessment
- Contribute and/or participate to the decision making process, such as:
- voting Operational Risk matters in the new activity / product / large project / outsourcing validation process
- Assist in the performance of the local RISK PROFILE
- Contribute to the Risk Identification & assessment framework roll out
- Governance and reporting
- Assist on the preparation of Internal Control Committees or other Operational Risk committees implemented.
- Challenge & consolidate data, and produce reporting at local level
Awareness and training
- Contribute to Operational Risk awareness across BNP Paribas Securities Services Portugal teams
- Contribute to RISK ORC initiatives (e.g. projects) or to Generic responses for the clients and prospects requests
- Degree in Business or Finance (or related areas)
- Experience and / or interest in the Operational Risk Management area
- General awareness on Risk Management
- Analytical skills & synthesis ability
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation, influencing skills)
- Fluent English
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.