Head, Client Service
Northern Trust is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative senior person to play a key leadership role in the design, development and servicing of Northern Trust Asset Managements digital investment advice platform. The Digital Investment Advice Head of Client Service will play an instrumental role in recruiting and standing up the client service team, defining and implementing the client servicing strategy, assisting with the prioritization of the product roadmap and acting as the expert on our digital investment advice platform. This person will have direct interaction with Northern Trusts most senior executives. This is a ground floor opportunity to scale an innovative product, in a rapidly transforming domain, with the support of one of the largest Asset Managers in the world. We are looking for a person with a successful track record of developing and fostering strong client relationships. The person must have outstanding teamwork and communication skills. The person must be extremely comfortable executing within the ambiguous nature of a fast-moving startup as well as dealing with some of the intrinsic complexities of a corporate environment. The person must be comfortable and experienced working with, and leading, strong teams. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing on the client servicing strategy, including standing up the team.
- Leading, mentoring, and empowering the client service team.
- Determining staffing needs, making hiring and firing decisions, handling salary administration, and ensuring resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Developing and reporting on key client service metrics.
- Overseeing daily operations of client servicing and acting as the technical expert for determining the products and services best suited to meet client needs.
- Servicing clients and prospects by responding to inquiries regarding products and service.
- Researching and analyzing complex client inquiries.
- Handling problem client situations, offering support and resolution.
- Training and developing of client servicing team on new or existing products and services.
- Providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to the team and partners at high technical levels.
- Carrying out activities that are large in scope, cross functional, and/or ambiguous in nature.
- Participating in development of the business unit strategic plan, and setting goals and priorities based on the direction set for the client service team. Follows through to ensure objectives are met.
- Developing plans to promote new or existing products or services.
- Collaborating with other business units to service mutual clients.
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters in Business Administration and/or CFA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in client servicing and management
- Knowledge of Asset Management product and services (digital platforms and investment products).
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage conflict and lead the team towards creative solutions.
- Experience and understanding of Investment Management and Advisory business processes/domain.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to contribute the innovative solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Ability to roll up their sleeves and evolve with the strategy.
- Leadership The ability to select, develop, motivate, and empower groups of people to work together in a committed way to achieve a common mission or goal.
- Results Orientation Rigorously holding ones self and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance and is keenly focused on results.
- Judgement Showing wisdom in making decisions and acting with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
- Conceptual Skills Understanding complex situations or organizations in their entirety, grasping interrelationships and essential elements, and seeing their implications.
- Learning Agility Quickly absorbing new information and the significance of changes in dynamic situations.
- Curiosity Demonstrating a passion for learning, speculating on what if scenarios, and engaging in strategic inquiry.
- Teamwork ability to forge strong relationships with professionals across business segments, functions and locations.