Credit Research Analyst
Western Alliance Corporate Finance (“WALCF”) a division of Western Alliance Bancorp is a growing institutional debt fund with over $2B in AUM. WALCF primarily invests in middle market and broadly syndicated loans.
Analyst is expected to perform a variety of functions including company and industry research, and portfolio management. Primary responsibilities include:
- Underwriting of new loan prospects and building the prospect database (~70%)
- Conducting company and industry due diligence
- Preparing detailed financial models
- Reviewing legal documentation
- Performing portfolio surveillance and analytics on existing portfolio (~30%)
Western Alliance Corporate Finance is an entrepreneurial division of the bank and will rely on this employee to be diligent, team-oriented, and self-guided, with the ability to wear multiple hats.
Applicants should have strong analytical and communication skills, and the ability to complete both short- and long-term projects with limited supervision, although guidance and direction will always be available. Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience in the syndicated loan and/or high yield space. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Compensation competitive with CLO managers and will reflect level of industry experience.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills, supported by course work in mathematics, finance, accounting, economics, business or similar fields
- Creativity, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work within a small team, and a positive attitude. Highest ethical standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Bloomberg experience a plus
- Progress toward (or interest in) obtaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Actual industry experience (approx. 1-5 years) a big plus, but not a prerequisite
More searches like this
- Banking Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors