Manager Research Analyst
Title: Manager Research Analyst
The Manager Research Analyst – MFM Research Liaison work within the Meketa manager research function, and serves as a liaison to the Meketa Fiduciary Management Investment Committee that provides Outsourced CIO (OCIO) services to the firm’s client base. The MFM Research Liaison will report to the Director of Public Markets Research, and will be responsible for aggregating and filtering the research produced by Meketa’s asset class teams across fixed income, equities, hedge funds and private markets. The individual will also be responsible for performing primary due diligence for various research teams, at the direction of Director of Public Markets Research. The preferred location is our Carlsbad, CA office, but depending on the candidate’s level of experience, the individual could also work in the firm’s other office locations.
- Interact with each of the Meketa Investment Group manager research teams to identify the managers who are most appropriate for the firm’s OCIO clients
- Conduct primary manager due diligence when needed to supplement existing Meketa research
- Assist in developing and present manager analyses to the MFM Investment Committee
- Monitor the performance of managers with existing client investments
- Write client memos on managers, as required
- Present to clients and prospects, as required
The Manager Research Analyst is expected to have general investment knowledge and familiarity with the OCIO, investment consulting and investment management industries. Candidates should possess a minimum of three years of manager due diligence experience. The candidate should have an understanding of the asset classes highlighted above, be highly motivated and possess strong communication, writing, quantitative and analytical skills. An individual who is a committed team player, is well-organized, and is detail-oriented, are other desirable attributes.
Required Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in manager research
- Bachelor's degree required
- CFA charterholder or candidate for the CFA preferred
- Solid computer skills and facility with FactSet, Morningstar Direct and eVestment