Senior Corporate Accountant
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant to perform virtual-CFO duties for a range of small ASX listed companies!
The ideal candidate will possess the requisite experience/expertise to manage the following matters:
- Prepare and review financial statements; monthly, half-yearly and annual accounts based upon financial information that is compiled and analysed within Australian and International Accounting Standards. This will also involve preparation on consolidations and cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting deadlines are met, internally and externally as per ASX and Australian Securities and Investments Corporation (ASIC) requirements including quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports as well as accounting standards application to commercial transactions.
- Oversee and review of audit files for half-year and full-year accounts.
- Perform analysis using financial data that is used to assist in making business decisions including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenue expectations. Analyse financial data to resolve certain discrepancies and irregularities that may arise.
- Provide recommendations that may involve developing efficient resources and procedures, while providing strategic recommendations for specific financial problems or situations.
- Co-ordination of the completion of the annual income tax return and other indirect taxes including but limited to Research and Development claims.
Liaise with clients, financial professionals including auditors, tax professionals, legal providers on accounting tasks and corporate transactions.
To be successful in this role we expect you will have:
- Significant accounting experience (6-10+ years) preferably in audit or business advisory, preferably with some ASX-listed experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great team player who has the ability to follow procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Exposure to and advanced skills in use of accounting software and Excel essential.
Please include a response to these questions in your application:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting, especially for ASX listed companies?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?