Our client is a market leader in the localization industry with leading-edge technology providing dubbing, subtitling, and access services in any language. A technology trailblazer with grounded core values in an ever-changing industry, the company uses its sophisticated in-house technology for all of its product and service offerings. Today, the company operates 40 local facilities globally, spanning a network of fully owned local sites across 30 countries in Europe, Asia and The Americas, offering clients end-to-end solutions for broadcasters, all major film studios, OTT and streaming platforms.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting processes and reporting. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a sense of ownership, great communication skills, independent worker, and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, agile environment. This position reports to the Head of Finance and is part of a small, nimble team based in Burbank Headquarters.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Oversee the daily activities of the accounting department and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information and that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records and participate in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Manage daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with other finance department staff in other BU and at HQ to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from Finance HQ, and other finance and companywide managers regarding financial results, special reporting and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff and business partners as needed.
- Support Head of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Capabilities & Skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
- Exceptional math skills.
- High level of proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software (QuickBooks) and MS Office
- Advanced Excel skills
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excels in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- 2+ years’ experience as an Accounting Manager
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a bonus