Senior Reporting Officers
The purpose of the job is to produce the risk reporting documents for the EIB Group’s internal and external partners, to monitor and analyse the evolution of the key risk indicators underlying the Group’s operations. This serves as base to formulate key findings and recommendations to the relevant risk reporting documents’ addressees. The aim of the post is also to provide support in the development and maintenance of the processes, documentation and control checks underlying the production of the risk reporting documents.
Specific Post Environment
The RISK Management (RM) Directorate is the EIB’s independent risk assessment team for new and existing lending, funding and treasury operations. RM provides policies, second opinions on individual proposals, an EIB -wide portfolio view and reporting, seeking to apply Best Banking Practices. The Regulation Department (REG) within RM is responsible for the Regulatory Surveillance and adherence to Best Banking Practices, the Capital Planning and Group Risk Reporting and the Internal Model development, maintenance and validation.
Each successful candidate will report to the relevant Head of Unit or Head of Division and will have extensive contacts with colleagues within Risk Management and across the EIB Group. S/he will have regular contact internally with colleagues in other Directorates, notably with Front Office Lending, Transaction Monitoring, Finance, Financial Control, General Secretariat, IT and with the European Investment Fund. S/he will also interact and build relationships with internal counterparts across the EIB Group to support the development and maintenance of shared reporting tools and related documentation.
S/he will also have occasional contacts with external partners (Commission, EU Member States, Multilateral Development Banks, rating agencies, etc.).
- Lead/ coordinate/ support the preparation of various regular and ad-hoc reports and presentations for the EIB’s management on the risk profile of the Bank and the Group. Liaise with other participants in the reporting process and ensure an effective cooperation and information sharing among team members and rest of EIB Group staff.
- Execute key area processes such as:
- Build/ maintain a relevant, robust and reliable risk reporting framework
- Build/ maintain appropriate internal and mandate-related risk reporting tools
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the output, relying where necessary on a sound understanding of the underlying risk metrics to check consistency and relevance
- Engage with colleagues across the EIB Group at various levels, to guarantee that key risk reporting principles are known and respected in external negotiations
- Contribute to other internal risk reporting deliverables and initiatives, ensuring that mandate-related risk aspects are correctly reflected and contributing to the delivery of the wider report as necessary
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an appropriate capital allocation-reporting tool at EIB Group level.
- Contribute to study and challenge rating agencies’ methodologies used to assess EIB’s rating. Contribute to the shadow modelling and back-testing of those methodologies.
- Prepare market researches with reference (but not limited) to benchmarking with other IFIs, analyses of macro trends with potential impacts on EIB’s risk metrics to be reflected in the quarterly Risk Management Outlook.
- Propose streamlining of risk reporting processes and procedures and improvements to the overall risk reporting framework.
- Lead or participate in Best Banking Practice projects and processes in the area of risk reporting.
- Participate in projects or working groups of horizontal nature (such as EIB capital optimisation, strategic initiatives), build and maintain relationships with internal clients, at all levels, in the EIB Group in order to ensure that appropriate internal cooperation and communication is maintained.
- University/Master’s degree in a finance-related discipline (finance, economics) with a strong knowledge of risk assessment methodologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in BBP & Regulations/ Credit Risk Assessment and Reporting/ Pricing/ Modeling/ Model validation. A previous experience with a supervisory authority will be an advantage.
- Excellent Excel & data-extraction knowledge, including Business Objects; some knowledge of automation (e.g. VBA) would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of the EIB Group’s purpose, organisation, business activities and operational cycles.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French and a good command of the other (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.