Fixed Income Junior Analyst
This is a junior level position within the fixed income investment department. While the prospective candidate should possess an understanding of how capital markets function and have a background in financial accounting. It will also be important to possess a strong quantitative background. In addition, the ideal candidate will be required to have strong programming, (Excel/Python) and data base management skills. The candidate will work closely with portfolio managers and senior credit analysts and over time, given proper initiative, the person will assume more responsibility within fixed income credit research function and ultimately establish direct industry responsibility
- Work with in-house data base management system to develop in house investment management tools
- Develop reports for quarterly sector coordinator meetings and individual sector reviews
- Perform analysis of index/benchmark sub-sectors to measure index attribution.
- Execute on the three pillars of Credit Research: Buy discipline, Surveillance, Sell discipline. Including:
- Provide timely new issue recommendations
- Provide timely issuer updates
- Identify and forecast key drivers: competitiveness, barriers to entry, cyclical margin and cash flow dynamics
- Collect, maintain and analyze statistical and quantitative data to support fundamental research to identify relative value relationships within capital structure and between companies within the same industry.
- Develop a broad working knowledge of Fixed Income Asset Classes to identify relative value.
- Manage Analyst Coverage list and maintain strong working knowledge of multiple industries.
- Write credit summaries based on research with buy/sell/hold recommendations.
- Build and maintain company financial models to support fundamental research.
- Analyze results, perform advanced sensitivity analysis, consider valuation methodologies, recovery analysis and DCF.
- Provide relative value recommendations and Issuer positioning based on fundamental research.
- Interact with rating agencies, Wall Street analysts, and other independent sources to obtain external views on individual credits or industries.
- Support team with ad hoc team-based projects and team goals.
Does this position manage staff, monitor performance, provide guidance and coaching, make compensation, and, or hire/fire decisions? Yes: _____ No: __X__
- 2-3 years of experience within investment management.
- Bachelor degree with strong academic background CFA Candidacy.
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets, Bond Math and Economic Business Cycles.
- Possess analysis skills (analytical, quantitative, effective writing, and presentation skills).
- Strong working knowledge of multiple industries with the ability to identify, forecast and communicate key industry and company drivers: competitiveness, barriers to entry, cyclical margin and cash flow dynamics.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting Principles and Financial Statement Analysis.
- Strong Excel/Python skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Willing to conduct travel as part of the investment research process.