Senior Client Portfolio Manager - New Hampshire
Wealth Management Team
Senior Client Portfolio Manager – New Hampshire
The Senior Client Portfolio Manager will manage and advise individual client portfolios across global equities and bonds based on recommendations of the internal team of securities analysts and the asset allocation committee. This position will likely be part of the Asset Allocation Committee, depending on experience. Client list will be a mix of families and institutions.
This position will serve clients across New Hampshire and northern New England through Cambridge Trust’s Portsmouth, Manchester and Concord offices. There are also several relationship management and wealth management colleagues across the three NH offices who often collaborate with this role in serving clients.
The majority of the Wealth Management team of 50+ people is based in downtown Boston. This position will stay in close contact with Boston colleagues and regularly attend Boston-based meetings by phone, video or in-person.
- Communicates with assigned set of clients to ascertain investment objectives and constraints, establishes appropriate asset allocation, recommends and implements strategy, and reviews performance.
- Develops and recommends asset allocation across equities, fixed income, and other asset classes according to policy targets and risk/return objectives for an assigned set of client portfolios.
- Works with Relationship Managers on trust, estate, and financial planning issues for assigned clients. Develops and executes long-term strategic and tactical plans to meet client objectives.
- Collaborates with colleagues across wealth management as well as the bank overall.
- Assists in new business development process by giving investment presentations to individuals and institutional prospects. Readily and easily explains and promotes investment philosophy and value proposition.
- Willing to act as an internal and external spokesperson on investment topics periodically. Experience in economic commentary a plus, but not required.
- Mentors other portfolio managers and members of the team, which could include formal supervisory and managerial responsibility for one or more people or areas over time.
- Participates in peer review of asset allocation and individual internal security or fund recommendations. Participate in evaluation of any alternative assets to add to our platform.
- Contributes to research process around asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk management, relative value across sectors/regions, and macro research, as needed.
- Participates on internal committees as needed, including evaluations of technology and processes related to the internal business efficiencies (e.g., portfolio management software, data management, performance analysis, etc.).
- Attends various investment meetings, industry conferences, and broker/analyst/company meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- CFA designation or other advanced certification preferred.
- At least 12-15+ years of experience in an investment related role, including minimum of 8 years interacting with clients
- Strong knowledge of global markets, economics, and portfolio construction
- Comfortable in front of clients, including institutional investment committees, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned set of clients.
- Analytical and technical skills including experience with Bloomberg, FactSet or similar.
- Thoughtful fiduciary and risk management perspectives.
- Some knowledge and experience in best practices around tax-aware portfolio management, trust basics and estate planning is helpful, but not required.
- Ability and willingness to participate on investment, managerial, or administrative committees and projects, as appropriate.
- Ability to collaborate, debate, and work in a team environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Moderate travel throughout Northeast, as needed.
- Occasional national travel to meet clients or attend conferences.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters