Sawgrass Asset Management is an independent investment firm based in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. We are seeking an Equity Analyst to join our Equity team.
- Research and perform analysis of companies owned in Small and Large Cap portfolios
- Participate in the vetting process for new investment candidates
- Make recommendations to Portfolio Managers
- Assist in the continual evolution of SAM’s quantitative modeling process
- Stock research is generalist in nature.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as an equity analyst required, 7-10 years preferred; experience investing in a team-based domestic strategy as a generalist is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- CFA (or completing Level 3 of CFA) preferred
- Ability to analyze/model financial companies, business strategies, and valuation parameters
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office and FactSet. Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Track record of tangible positive contributions to past investment performance
- Intellectual curiosity and ability/interest to cover multiple sectors as required
- Thrive in a culture of vigorous but respectful debate
- Thrive in an environment of continuous improvement; hungry to both offer and receive constructive feedback
- Exceptional time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Travel requirements TBD.