Investment Associate Position
Palisade Capital is a Calgary-based portfolio manager and investment fund manager. Palisade Capital manages discretionary investment funds and Wealth Management accounts for high net worth clients, family trusts, foundations, corporations and family offices. We foster long-term relationships through our cornerstone philosophy of aligning our interests with those of our clients and keeping our clients’ best interests at the forefront. Palisade Capital is independent and management owned. As we broaden our services to add incremental value for our clients, we are adding a new role to our investment team: Investment Associate.
- Work with the investment team in managing Palisade’s funds including recommending equities consistent with Palisade’s investment style and characteristics to deliver value-added results
- Prepare written analysis, market commentary and presentations as required. Experience with market data systems and presentation software would be helpful
- Participate in regular meetings with the investment team including preparing reports for analysis and discussion
- Assist in trading operations as required
Experience, Personal Motivations and Education
- Strong work ethic and motivation to build a career in portfolio management
- Solid academic credentials including holding a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Engineering
- Completion or enrollment in the CFA program
- Strong interest in the investment analysis of companies and the portfolio management business and delivering high quality results
- 2 to 5 years of experience in investment management or other related financial businesses would be an asset
- Compensation will be competitive and will be based on experience and skill set
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. All submissions should be addressed to James Anderson, Managing Director, and will be considered strictly confidential. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those chosen for discussions will be contacted.