Senior Investment Analyst – Member Directed Plan & External Management
Apply Online at http://bit.ly/2lSvcpn
Job Title: Senior Investment Analyst – Member Directed Plan & External Management
Reports To: Senior Portfolio Manager – External Public Markets Department: External Public Markets
Number of Openings: 1
Pay Range: $47.66 - $59.57 / hourly or $99,132.80 - $123,905.60 / annually with opportunity to participate in the OPERS Incentive Compensation Program FLSA Status:
Accepting Applications Internally: Yes
Accepting Applications Externally: Yes
*Please read the OPERS Personal Trading Policy prior to applying. All candidates must be able to abide by the policy in order to be considered for employment.
SUMMARY: This position in the External Public Markets Group will work primarily on the OPERS Member Directed Plan and the sourcing and oversight of minority, women and disabled veteran majority owned firms. Additional work on externally managed assets in the OPERS Defined Benefit/Health Care Plans would also be required. This individual will work under the direction of the Senior Portfolio Manager-External Public Markets with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
1. Responsible for the OPERS Member Directed Plan and serves as Chairperson of the Defined Contribution Funds Staff Investment Committee (“DCFSIC”).
2. Serves as the primary subject matter expert on Defined Contribution (“DC”) trends and issues.
3. Presents to the OPERS Board on the OPERS DC Plan and DC trends.
4. Responsible for innovating/improving the OPERS Member Directed Plan. Sources investment strategies and, if necessary, risk systems.
5. Acts as the primary point of contact for the OPERS DC consultant.
6. Assists the OPERS Benefits and Investment Accounting/Finance divisions with the DC Plan.
7. Produces high quality reporting on the DC program for internal and external users.
8. Sources investment talent for OPERS External Public Markets team; Notably minority, women and disabled veterans’ majority owned investment firms.
9. Monitors existing external investment managers including leading manager portfolio review calls and meetings. Assists in other monitoring and searches for the External Public Markets team as needed.
10. Interacts with internal and external parties including existing external managers, prospects, consultants, external legal counsel, OPERS Benefits, Investment Accounting, IT and Legal.
11. Works with OPERS Communications on the DC Member newsletter and OPERS website.
12. Assists or leads projects related to External Public Markets and/or the Investments Division.
13. May assist with training of analysts.
14. Must comply with OPERS Personal Trading compliance procedures.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• High school diploma or GED • Required
• Bachelor’s degree • Required
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Related Field • Preferred
• Strong multitasking, writing and time management skills • Required
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Required
• Self-starter with leadership skills and strong interest in global financial markets • Required
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions • Required
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as applying mathematical operations to such tasks as probability and statistical inference, test reliability validity, analysis of variance and correlation techniques • Required
• Must have ability to travel both domestically and internationally • Required
• 5 years of investment related experience.• Required
• Experience working with member directed issues/ plans, external managers and/or direct management of investment portfolios. • Preferred
• Proficient, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Windows operating system; MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; Internet Explorer (browser software) and MS Outlook • Required
• Aladdin, Bloomberg, and MSCI Risk Manager software experience • Preferred
• Chartered Financial Analyst or progress towards completion; Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
• Within six months of hire, the candidate must meet the eligibility requirements to be licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO), which requires either: 1. Having achieved a passing scored on one of the following: a. Series 63 exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) b. Series 65 c. Series 66 d. Level One of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or
2. Earning and being in good standing with the organization that issues any of the following credentials: a. Chartered Financial Analyst b. Chartered Financial Consultant, c. Chartered Investment Counselor d. Certified Public Accountant with a personal financial specialist designation / Required
Physical Requirements* (if applicable) *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. If repetitive physical movement is required to perform the essential functions of the position, please discuss with HR.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required. The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Postings are typically available for five business days. OPERS retains the right to change, update, close and/or otherwise modify this job posting at its discretion for any reason and at any time.