Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With over 40 offices worldwide and 3,000+ employees, Apex delivers a broad range of solutions to asset managers, capital markets and private clients. The Group has continually improved and evolved its service suite to cover three key pillars: fund solutions, financial solutions and corporate solutions. Apex administers over $650 billion in assets globally.
The heart of Apex is found in its personal relationships with clients. Through local offices strategically located alongside clients situated in all markets around the world, Apex is wholeheartedly dedicated to providing exceptional service levels, functional products and the highest levels of expertise in the industry.
Apex Fund Services (Uruguay) S.A. is part of Apex Group Ltd. From its offices in Montevideo it serves its clients in Latin America.
We are looking for a Uruguayan candidate to fill the position of Fund Accountant to assist our team producing valuations for our group of clients and helping with the accounting function of our operations.
The Fund Accountant (FA) will be the day-to-day contact for the funds and companies that they will be working on, including for investment manager, brokers/custodians and investors. The candidate will report to an Account Manager (AM) who will train, supervise and review all work carried out. Strict reporting deadlines must be adhered to which may require additional hours outside of normal office hours.
Responsibilities and skill requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Adherence to and maintaining the Apex standard of service, policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation and review of trades, cash transactions and securities positions.
- Accrual of expenses.
- Preparation of final daily/weekly/monthly NAV’s within set client reporting deadlines.
- Completion of ad-hoc projects as required by clients or management.
- Timely reporting of any issues to management.
- Wire preparation for Fund expenses.
- Recording of investor transactions including subscriptions, redemptions & transfers.
- Timely reporting to investors with contract notes and statements.
- Maintenance of investor records including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) documentation.
- Preparation of fund wires and subscription /redemption documentation including AML/KYC procedures.
- Informing the client of transaction requests.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements to the relevant GAAP / IFRS Standards.
- Assist AM with internal and external audit, tax returns and compliance queries.
Supervision & Responsibility
- Direct report is to an AM who will train, supervise and review all work carried out.
- Responsible to complete duties as assigned and review of tasks completed before submission to AM.
- Over-all supervision of your AM team will be by a Senior Account Manager (SAM).
- Escalate delays/serious issues to AM, SAM or Senior Management immediately.
Duties & Tasks
- The FA / AFA will assist the SFA, AM or SAMin any project, assignment, task or required submission in relation to their assigned allocation and any other ad-hoc duties as assigned which may include internal and external audit, tax returns and compliance queries.
- Pursuing or possessing a degree in accounting or financial services or another similar discipline;
- Familiarity with hedge funds and other alternative strategies;
- Broker or other back office accounting experience is a plus;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Spanish is a requirement.
- Knowledge in Portuguese is an asset.
If you are interested then please send your resume and a cover e-mail