Operational Risk Testing Team Manager
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
RISK ORC CIB Overview
As a second line of defense, RISK ORC CIB aims to provide RISK and CIB senior Management with a global, transparent, exhaustive and consistent front to back consolidated view on operational risks for CIB activities in order to contribute to the reduction of operational risk and better responds to Regulator’s expectations. The mandate is to challenge and supervise the Operational Risk management of CIB activities for operational risk process and themes assigned to RISK.
To that end, RISK ORC CIB relies on an effective operational risk management set up covering CIB activities (including fraud risk). RISK ORC CIB is organized around four geographies (Americas, APAC, United Kingdom, and EMEA excluding UK) and two Business Lines with global reach (BP2S and Global Markets).
Role And Responsibilities
This Operational Risk team will be in charge of Control Testing for CIB activities, covering operational risks for Global Banking in Europe and Global Markets.
The Team Manager Will Ensure The Creation Of The Team By
Reporting directly to the Head of RISK CIB Lisbon Platform, this Team Manager will be responsible for a team of nine Operational Risk Controller Officers.
- Contributing to the hiring process managed by onshore teams
- Implementing the new process and defining the proper monitoring and reporting in close coordination with onshore teams
In addition, the manager will also lead and execute independent testing for the Global Banking Functions activities, namely:
- Give support to the RISK ORC CIB Global Banking and Global Market teams for providing RISK and Senior Management a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive and consistent Front to Back view of Operational Risk across activities
- Contribute to the comprehensive execution of the control plans defined for Global Banking and Global Markets activities
The work will be in direct strong coordination with the RISK ORC CIB Global Banking and Global Markets teams as with RISK ORC CIB TMC (Transversal Methodology and Consolidation) team and with CIB first Line of Defense teams.
- Master Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering (or related areas)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within the Banking industry
- Good knowledge of the CIB businesses, products and processes
- Experience and / or interest in the Operational Risk Management area
- Experience in a Business Line, Audit or Risk
- General awareness on Risk Management
- English fluency; French will be considered a plus
- Organized and detail oriented
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Team spirit and experience managing teams
- Dynamic and with a proactive mind-set
- Autonomous and problem solver
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.