Sr. Investment Analyst
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Investment Analyst has the ability to work independently on manager research, asset allocation and risk management.
- Leads projects by working with and mentoring the Investment Analysts and Investment Associates.
- Works closely with the CIO & DOI to lead asset class studies.
- Monitors capital markets and maintains knowledge of current market trends and practices.
- Uses data from Analysts and Associates to create outlook for asset classes and investment themes.
- Analyzes risk factor exposures for portfolio and managers and writes and recommends actions.
- Acts as a lead in monitoring external asset managers for investment performance and research.
- Statistically compare investment managers against one another on various metrics.
- Perform research and contribute to quarterly Investment Strategies Update newsletter.
- Leads quarterly calls with current and prospective investment managers and performs write-ups.
- Perform security-level analysis to interview investment managers on their positions.
- Independently travel to visit managers for annual on-site due diligence and conferences.
PORTFOLIO RISK MONITORING
- Analyzes and implements investment analytic systems and makes recommendations for workflow and reporting improvements.
- Uses and recommends enhancements to our portfolio oversight and risk management systems Caissa, Burgiss and Bloomberg.
- Create customized templates and output for internal and committee reports.
- Ad hoc research and analytical projects as determined by the CIO and Director of Investments.
- General research work to create and contribute to a best in class team in endowment management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Finance or Accounting required.
- At least five years assisting in the administration of an institutional investment portfolio.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft’s Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and the ability to learn and efficiently use web-based research systems (such as Bloomberg, Morningstar) are required.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, be proactive, and able to handle confidential material a must.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Strong research and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong critical thinking skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and a desire to take on greater responsibilities and leadership are all required to be a successful member of the Investment Strategies team.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines for short, long and ad-hoc assignments.
- Must have a commitment to exceptional quality, have the highest ethical standards, and have the vision to enhance and further develop SMBMI’s portfolio.
- Familiarity with Tribal governments desirable.
- CFA Charterholder, CFA Candidate or CAIA designation highly desirable.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must undergo and successfully pass a thorough pre-employment background investigation including criminal, credit, education, verification of work history and professional references.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors