Research & Trading Specialist
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Research and Trading Specialist to work in our downtown Vancouver office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Pinkowski Wealth Management group is highly respected as one of the top teams in the country and at the firm.
We manage discretionary model portfolios on behalf of our clients and the Research and Trading Specialist will be an integral part of the portfolio management team. Individuals in this role are continuously learning and developing the skills required for investment analysis and securities evaluation in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. To be successful, you must be disciplined and have a passion for capital markets and investments. In this role you will be reporting to the Portfolio Manager.
Specifically you will:
- Work with the portfolio manager in conducting thorough analysis of an industry and targeted companies;
- Involvement in conducting due diligence including analyzing industry and company data, macro data, developing and maintaining financial models, writing research, and verbal presentations to Pinkowski Wealth Management investment committee;
- Generate investment and trade ideas for the portfolios;
- Effectively communicate investment ideas and sector/industry knowledge to the financial advisors on the team;
- Develop relationships and enhance firm credibility with our corporate and institutional clients;
- Analyzing industry and research reports;
- Keeping up to date on news flow and market moving events;
- Analyze quarterly earnings and other company reports;
- Manage debit balances and bulk trading for clients; and
- Assist with writing a weekly market comment sent to clients and prospects.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- An undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Business/Economics or related field;
- Excellent written and oral skills (must be able to write a client friendly investment summary);
- Working towards completion of the CFA designation; level 2 or 3 candidate preferred;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH);
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles as well as modeling skills;
- Capital markets experience is an asset;
- High competence in Excel;
- Ability to fit into a team‐oriented environment;
- A demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts;
- Strict attention to detail;
- The ability to multi-task; and
- Experience with YChart and Croesus or Dataphile considered an asset.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 19-151 by October 10, 2019 to:
Raymond James Ltd.,
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Banking Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- C-Suite Level Management Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors