Director, Investment Operational Risk
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $66.37 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $157.62 billion. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
Mackenzie Investments is seeking to hire a full-time Director for the Investment Management Team.
This position requires a self-motivated individual to play a key administrative role within the Toronto office. The primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the operational risk policies and procedures within the global investment operations which includes but not limited to items such as:
- Liquidity Risk Management Program
- Derivatives Risk Program
- System Access Certification
- Responsible for relationship with key vendors utilized to support the global investment operations
- Responsible for transition management on product or investment management changes impacting accounts advised by Mackenzie Investments or related subsidiaries
- Senior project management support to all functions of the Investment Management operations.
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a Management role in the financial services industry.
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma in a related field (i.e. Bachelor of Commerce).
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of internal information technology processes.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines and a proven ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) with internal and external individuals at senior management levels.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly organized and professional manner with fluctuating work volumes.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with proven research and problem-solving skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.