Analyst, Acquisitions & Corporate Strategy
2 days left
Plains is looking to fill the position of Analyst based in the Calgary corporate office. Reporting to the Acquisitions Manager, the primary roles of the Analyst will be to assess, present, and assist in managing acquisitions and divestitures at Plains Midstream Canada (PMC). In the last two years PMC has completed over $450 million in A&D business and the Acquisitions role continues to be a key driver to growing the overall business at Plains. The Analyst may also assist in quantifying existing, new and expanded business opportunities for the long-term direction of the company. This position will be located in our downtown Calgary office and will work with several groups to convert corporate and industry analysis into specific ideas and recommendations. Occasional business travel may be required.
- Quantitative analysis through financial modelling of potential acquisitions (& divestitures) of natural gas, crude, and LPG midstream assets.
- Synthesizing quantitative analysis into presentations for senior management with summaries of potential business opportunities and recommendations.
- Tracking and managing the A&D process from initial analysis through to due diligence and final closing.
- Working with multiple internal groups to co-ordinate and quantify the potential of new or existing business;
- Quantitative analysis to support the maintenance of short and long term fundamental outlooks as well as price and market views for North American Crude Oil and NGLs;
- Researching and gathering information to project supply/demand balances;
- Understanding crude, NGL markets and current commercial business, particularly as they relate to Plains Midstream;
- Identifying and evaluating the implications of major trends and developments in regional Crude Oil and NGL markets and supply/demand balances as well as changing market conditions and inputs for business opportunities;
- Assembling project documents that clearly illustrate the opportunity for senior management review. This includes economic benefits, strategic fit and risks to existing or new business; and
- Following industry trends and news to assess impacts to the business and identify opportunities and risks;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- A University Degree (Commerce, Economics, Finance, Engineering) or equivalent is preferred;
- 2 - 3+ years progressively responsible market analysis and strategic planning experience in the energy sector;
- Superior oral and written skills, including a demonstrated ability to craft clear and concise messages to explain trends and strategy in corporate presentations;
- Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications including experience developing financial models;
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and handle high-stress deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and problem-solving skills; and
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple departments.
- A post-graduate designation such as CFA, MBA, CBV, or CPA is considered an asset.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online through the CFA portal prior to September 18, 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors