Summary of Work:
This position has a dual Investment and Compliance role within the North Dakota Retirement and Investment Office. The investment role supports senior members of the Investments Team with portfolio construction/rebalancing, analyzing and monitoring investment managers, and risk management. The compliance role will primarily focus on ensuring investments are and remain within regulatory and legal guidelines, and internal policies. Position reports to the Deputy CIO.
- Perform research, analysis, and monitoring of investment managers as directed by senior members of the team.
- Participate in meetings and calls with existing and prospective investment managers and maintain appropriate due diligence records of such interactions.
- Under the direction of senior team members create and maintain databases, reports, and other materials related to investments, compliance, and risk management.
- Develop quantitative models/analytics to enhance the investment process.
- Develop and maintain monitoring procedures to ensure investment manager portfolios are in compliance with stated guidelines.
- Complete, maintain, and update all required legal documentation for investment manager relationships, including communicating with legal counsel regarding amendments, negotiations and related discussions; and ensure on-going compliance with agreed-upon terms.
- Other projects as directed.