The General Counsel will be responsible for all legal aspects of the Firm.
- The primary responsibility will be the negotiation and drafting of revisions of transactional documents, including purchase and sale agreements, transfer agreements and confidentiality agreements as well as creating fund documents for new platforms (with or without external counsel).
- This role will include performing and providing oversight for the firm’s Compliance function.
- The General Counsel will work with the investment team during its due diligence and to advise on legal matters relating to potential investments.
- The General Counsel will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and have direct access to the Firm’s executive partners to advise on general and firm strategic legal matters.
- JD from an American Bar Association Approved U.S. Law School required. Licensed to practice law and membership in good standing with the State Bar of California.
- Ideal candidate has over 10 years of legal counsel experience working at an established law firm. Experience may include working at a private investment advisor in the financial services sector.
- Strong experience and professionalism with negotiating contracts and advising on legal due diligence.
- Experience with tax matters relating to private funds and investors is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to add value to various areas of the firm.
Founded in 2001, the firm is in the alternative asset management business, primarily managing funds that buy hedge, private equity, real estate, venture and other types of funds. The firm also has funds that directly invest in or co-invest with hedge and private equity managers, especially in special situations. The firm has a highly seasoned team of investment and operational professionals. Average employee tenure with the firm is 10+ years.