Sr. Product Manager, Managed Investments
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Products, which is a department of our Client Strategies Group, is responsible for leading and coordinating the firms product strategy and ongoing product management. We do this by providing both our branch teams and clients with a broad supply of quality products that reflect client needs and are aligned with our advice and guidance. We manage this product supply across our client-directed brokerage and fee-based platforms.
The Senior Product Manager serves as a subject matter expert in the Managed Investments product area which includes investment vehicles such as mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), 529 education savings plans, and unit investment trusts (UITs). Much of this work includes understanding broad market opportunities and advancing recommendations to leaders to shape and develop managed investment product strategies and distribution best practices. This role requires informal people leadership skills and formal thought leadership throughout the Managed Investments area and the firm.
* Bachelor degree strongly preferred in a related business discipline.
* Series 7 and 66 licenses required within twelve months of hire.
* Related industry designation(s) preferred (e.g. CFA, CFP, CIMA, CMFC, etc.).
* Generally 7+ years of relevant financial services industry experience, or 5+ years of experience with the product line.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact with internal stakeholders such as leaders and peers; and drive asset manager/strategic partner relationships to ensure effectiveness of solutions and achieve business plan goals.
* Demonstrate an ability to apply advanced product and industry knowledge to identify business opportunities and risks. Possess the ability to lead and/or manage special projects within the department or division.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is strongly desired.