Senior Business Systems Analyst - Robotics Process Automation
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, implementing and maintaining Robotic Process Automation solutions within the firm by leveraging the third-party vendor software solution. This position is a technical role, so a deep understanding and practice of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is required.
* Responsible for acquiring technical and business knowledge to interface Automation Software with Jones systems, and to provide quality, defect-free automation solutions to service business processing needs.
* Responsible for creating Robotic Process Automation solutions that derive input data from firm sources such as systems, Mainframe, Excel, and data warehouse.
* Candidate will be assigned medium to high priority and complexity automation work requests and will need to adhere to Process to ensure accuracy of output and security.
* Responsible for adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents as defined by the RPA Playbook.
* Responsible for creating proper documentation in support of the business process being automated.
* Participate in automation walkthroughs and peer reviews to assure quality of solutions developed
* Mentor teammates, share experiences, and provide cross-training opportunities
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred or related work experience.
* 3+ years of software/process automation experience
* Professional licenses required within 120 days of hire: SIE & Series 99
* Professional license required within 12 months of hire: Series 7
* Experience with data extraction and Business Intelligence tools such as Pentaho, Focus, Mainframe, Excel VBA against data sources such as Oracle (EDW), DB2, VSAM, Mainframe flat files and Excel spreadsheets.
* Experience with the full range of works related to application analysis, design, requirements gathering and programming functions.
* Prior experience with automation software solutions such as Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UIPath, etc. considered a plus
* SME understanding of the business implications of performing systems impact analysis
* SME MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and BI technologies
* Must possess the ability to learn and design (including program specification), develop, test, document, and implement new or existing automation solutions that meet business objectives within targeted timeframes.
* Strong ability to work independently as well as contribute to team Agile/Sprint development