The Oak Associates Funds are managed by Oak Associates, ltd., a U.S. equity investment manager specializing in concentrated, low-turnover, long-term investing. Founded in 1985, the firm manages portfolios for foundations, endowments, pension plans, private clients and shareholders of the Oak Associates Funds. The firm’s first two mutual funds were opened in 1992, followed by the introduction of five additional funds. Information about Oak’s products is available at www.oakfunds.com. Information about the Firm is available at www.oakltd.com.
As an RIA Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for educating Independent Investment Advisors and existing clients about company products. You will actively build relationships by calling on current and potential clients to strengthen and cultivate new business relationships. As a Relationship Manager, you must achieve and maintain an expert knowledge of the Oak Associates product line and the mutual fund industry. Success will be measured on the growth in relationship and prospective client meetings, rather than on generated transactions.
Northeast Ohio local candidates only please.
Salary based on experience.
Your daily responsibilities will include the following:
• A large part of your day will consist of initiating outbound calls to clients and prospective clients in an effort to educate registered investment advisors and other financial professionals about Oak Associates Funds, as well as to communicate company updates.
• Meet with Investment Advisors with travel as needed.
• Answering inbound calls and responding to inquiries.
• Using client relationship management (CRM) system to track client interactions and the progression of each client relationship.
• Supporting sales and client relationships by providing research material and administrative follow-up and support.
• Attending and supporting client events or conferences as needed.
• Assist with the creating and maintenance of marketing materials.
• Approximately 30% regional travel.
• Strong interpersonal skills and personality with the ability to build relationships.
• Knowledge of mutual funds and eagerness to learn new products.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Related experience in relationship management, sales or business development (financial services experience preferred, but not required).
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to self-start and work with little direction.
Location: Akron, Ohio
No Phones Call Please
Oak Associates, ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.