Investment Analyst - Global Equity
2 days left
The Virginia Retirement System’s (VRS) Public Equity team in the Investments Department is seeking an experienced professional to assist with the management and oversight of the Total Public Equity investment portfolio. Please visit VRS’ website (www.varetire.org) for additional information on the agency and fund.
The successful candidate will work with the entire team to perform various types of research and analysis and provide important decision-making support for senior team members. Additionally, the individual may also be involved with special projects relating to the management of the overall VRS portfolio. This position requires independent thinking and excellent problem-solving skills along with the ability to take directions and complete tasks in a logical and timely manner. A desire to work in an environment that includes changing and growing responsibilities is critical.
The new team member will:
- Work with senior team members to evaluate complex investment strategies, modeling strategy exposures (individually and in aggregate), and monitor overall program exposures to ensure compliance with policy guidelines and objectives
- Assist team members with quantitative research and total program portfolio management
- Assist with the on-going assessment of current and future prospects of the various public equity sub-asset classes
- Additional responsibilities include various system design projects, data management activities and/or specific investment software tasks
- A Bachelor’s Degree is expected, preferably in finance, economics, business, or mathematics
- The ability to effectively communicate implications of analysis, as well as investment themes
- Knowledge of investment software in order to properly evaluate existing and potential investments
- Professional work experience in the investment industry that has included a solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques for analyzing diverse sets of data and other information is preferred
- Progress towards a CFA charter is desirable
Please go to the Careers tab on the VRS website at www.varetire.org and click on the Commonwealth of Virginia Job Site link to view and apply for open positions at the VRS.