Assistant Director - Due Diligence
What you'll do:
As an Assistant Director of Due Diligence, you will perform investment management due diligence and/or oversight on third party investment strategies. Perform financial analysis on investment products and programs specializing in complex alternative investments, including Real Estate Investment Trusts, Oil & Gas offerings, 1031 Exchanges. Communicate research and investment content both orally and written to different audiences including Sr. management, advisors and clients. Distribute request for information to third party investment managers and review completed submissions. Compose and present technical due diligence reports, risk assessment considerations and recommendations to product committee and executive stakeholders. Monitor the performance of approved offerings and sponsor activities and report on a regular basis updated information on product platform
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it’s no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019). Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture. A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals. The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- CFA or progress in CFA program
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, ideally in a broker/dealer
- FINRA series 7 and 66 license required
- Outstanding research capabilities
- Proven analytical skills, good judgment and a high tolerance for change
- Ability to get results
- Ability to set and meet hard deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
This position may be located in multiple locations or remote.
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via phone or email.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Who we are:
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.