Equity Markets Specialist
MSCI is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
MSCI Equity Indexes are maintained with the objective of reflecting the evolution of the underlying equity markets on a timely basis.
The Equity Data Management team manages quarterly index rebalancing, dividends and ongoing corporate action-related changes to the indices resulting from M&As, spin-offs, bankruptcies, reorganizations and other corporate actions (e.g. stock splits, rights offerings, dividends, etc.). These changes affect many aspects of an index and its constituents.
Depending on the nature of the change there may be changes in index memberships, weights, size, style and industry classifications.
The team is responsible for smooth implementation of Quarterly Index Reviews and timely identification, review and implementation of corporate action related changes to facilitate appropriate maintenance of the Equity Indexes
• Quarterly Index Rebalancing –
• Be an expert on MSCI GIMI (Global Investable Market Indexes) Methodology with a special focus on Float, Number of Shares, eligibility of securities and country of classification
• Review new listings in Americas region and Introduce securities to MSCI universe on monthly basis inline with MSCI GIMI Methodology
• Prepare and Review Quarterly Float and Number of Shares data for securities listed in Americas Region
• Corporate Actions & Dividends
• Check the news, monitor corporate actions and markets, ensure accurate interpretation and timely implementation of such corporate action related changes to the MSCI Indexes for several Asian equity markets.
• Propose and present appropriate corporate action implementation and recommendation to decision-making Committees.
• Ensure that the corporate actions are properly implemented in the calculation of the indexes and are reflected in MSCI Equity products.
• Responsible to handle MSCI client queries related to corporate actions and Equity Benchmark methodology.
• Propose enhancements to the methodology, processes and applications used by the corporate events team
• Participate in and initiate projects related to the corporate events function
• Excellent communication skills in English, another language would be an asset
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with good logical aptitude
• Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles
• Highly motivated, dynamic, quick learner, hardworking and eager to succeed
• Attention to detail is critical
• Independent worker as well as good team player with a strong sense of ownership
• Flexible in working hours
• 3-6 years of relevant working experience.
• Strong interest in Finance, work experience in finance and capital markets preferred
Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics (Including equivalents of CFA, FRM, MBA)