Financial Advisory Intern
Title: Financial Advisory Intern
Reports to: Senior Investment Advisor
Location: Bethesda, Maryland (above Metro)
Compensation: TBD - will discuss with individual applicants
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Altius Financial Advisors, a growing fee-only financial advisory company, seeks an individual to support the financial planning and investment management functions. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about finance and interested in advising clients on personal financial matters. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual who is excited by the prospect of learning about the business of investment management/financial planning.
• Update market tracking spreadsheets
• Update portfolio management system
• Update spreadsheets that track Altius’s business (assets, fees, etc.)
• Assist with the development of financial plans – review documents, enter data into financial planning software, run scenarios, etc.
• Scan, file and handle other administrative work as needed
• Work on projects. For example, (a) help develop an enhanced portfolio performance tracking system that betters tracks the risk and return of our clients’ portfolios against relevant benchmarks, (b) evaluate Altius’ web presence and help develop and implement new marketing ideas.
• Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program in Finance/Economics/Business
• Proficient in Excel (formulas, macros). Programming ability a plus.
• Possesses strong communications (writing and speaking) skills
• Is ethical, curious, dependable, detail-oriented, proactive and a quick learner.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Danish Jawaid at email@example.com.
For more information on the company, please visit www.altiusfin.com