Assante Private Client, a division of CI Private Counsel LP, is a wealth management firm serving high net worth individuals, families and business owners across Canada. Assante Private Client provides investors with a complete approach to financial advice that incorporates all aspects of wealth management – tax and estate planning, risk management and investment management. For more information, please visit www.assante.com.
POSITION: Investment Counsellor
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
We are currently seeking an Investment Counsellor to join our Wealth Planning Group. In this role, the Investment Counsellor works with our Private Client solution, focusing on clients with assets in excess of $1 million. They meet with existing clients and the advisors who have referred the clients to our program. The Investment Counsellor uses our standard Investment Policy Questionnaire to determine the appropriate asset allocation for the client, provide economic, market, and portfolio performance reviews with the clients on a regular basis, and ensure ongoing exchange of information takes place as it relates to the client’s total financial picture.
The role is part of a broader team of Wealth Planning professionals delivering a holistic investment and wealth planning experience to clients. While the Investment Counsellor will assist the referring advisor with sales and prospecting, the role also requires an ability to provide a superior service level to High-Net-Worth Clients and referring advisors. Compensation is comprised of a base salary and bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Meet with approximately 100-125 clients on a regular basis (ranging from quarterly to annually) to review the economy, market conditions, and portfolio performance. Determine the appropriate asset allocation for each client.
- Build and strengthen relationships with advisors to ensure their satisfaction with the investment solution in our Private Client program.
- Work collaboratively with peers who manage the Wealth Planning aspects of the client relationship – client financial analysis, risk management, income management, tax, and wealth transfer.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree in business or related discipline
- It is mandatory to be eligible for licensing by the Alberta Securities Commission upon hire as a portfolio manager/advising rep with discretionary authority
- CIM Designation (If not a CFA Charter holder in good standing) and/or CFA Charter or progress towards the CFA Charter; CFP designation is considered an asset
- Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience, including experience in a client facing role
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio building experience in an IRROC or ICPM licensed capacity
- Ability to interact effectively with various types of people (advisors, assistants, clients)
- Ability to understand and interpret investment solutions, the markets, the economy and communicate to various audiences
- Must be able to travel – there is the possibility of up to 70% travel
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your cover letter and resume
to our Careers site directly:
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-681-4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.