Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit of excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding, however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
We are currently seeking an exceptional colleague to join our investment research team. We look for self-motivated individuals willing and able to enhance our research process, strengthen our culture, and help build Mawer into one of the best global investment management firms.
- Generating investment ideas within a collaborative team
- Performing in-depth due diligence on companies across multiple industries as a generalist investor
- Gathering and analyzing information across different sources and timeframes
- Building discounted cash flow models and evaluating what a business could be worth under different scenarios
- Examining multiple-order risks at the company and portfolio level
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any discipline
- Strong interest in and demonstrated understanding of the investment analysis of companies
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated track record of excellence, and ability to achieve results
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing equities on the buy-side would be an asset
- Proficiency in multiple languages is an asset
- CFA qualification or a willingness to enroll in the program
This opportunity will be located at our Calgary office. Calgary is a beautiful, culturally diverse city, with a thriving art, music, and culinary scene and family-friendly settings. Its convenient location—right in the foothills of the breathtaking Alberta Rocky Mountains—means a plethora of opportunities for an active, outdoors lifestyle are easily accessible. Many of our colleagues pursue activities such as skiing, mountain biking, hiking, rock-climbing and marathons.
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global investment manager
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals, within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy
- The potential for equity ownership over time based on the firm’s selection criteria
- Our strong culture that emphasizes candour, intellectual curiosity, continuous learning, excellence and teamwork
- Career development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
If this sounds of great interest to you, please apply by September 29th, 2019. Applicants should provide one PDF including a résumé (no cover letters please), most recent university transcripts, and a response to the following questions (maximum one page): http://www.mawer.com/careers/
- How and why did you determine that you had a passion for investing? What have you done about it since then?
- In what area(s) of your life have you demonstrated a track record of excellence, outside of academics? Please provide examples of your tenacity demonstrated to achieve these goals.
Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides investment management across all major asset classes to a broad range of individual and institutional clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to continually deliver long-term investment excellence, build strong client partnerships, and live our core values. Mawer currently has over $40 billion (USD) in assets under management and employs over 150 people across locations in Calgary, Toronto, and Singapore.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.