Equity Analyst - Large Cap
WEDGE Capital Management seeks to hire an Equity Analyst to join our Large Cap Value team.
The Equity Analyst will be responsible for both generating new investment ideas and monitoring existing holdings and will be expected to:
- Conduct fundamental research across multiple industries on publicly traded companies mainly within the large cap size segment
- Develop a thorough understanding of company business models, revenue and cost drivers, competitive positioning, industry dynamics and operational initiatives
- Analyze company financial characteristics in order to assess economic profitability, capital intensity, balance sheet strength and free cash flow production
- Evaluate company management's track record, operating strategy, capital allocation philosophy and actions
- Conduct due diligence with senior management, industry contacts, sell-side analysts, and other valuable primary sources
- Create and maintain cash flow valuation models and scenario analyses used to estimate intrinsic value for both current portfolio holdings and potential new ideas
- Develop investment recommendations which communicate key company attributes, primary research conclusions, valuation summary and major risks/concerns
- Prepare regular reports on portfolio companies, fund characteristics and performance analytics
- At least two years of analytical experience in research, investment banking or other relevant backgrounds
- Basic understanding of financial accounting, fundamental company analysis and valuation
- CFA charterholders and candidates preferred but not required
- Prior buy-side or sell-side equity experience also preferred but not required
- Ability to synthesize facts and analysis into succinct written reports and investment recommendations
- Both highly self-motivated and self-sufficient but able to work collegially with a team
WEDGE Capital Management, www.wedgecapital.com, is dedicated to offering stable, diversified investment products in the equity and fixed income markets. Throughout our more than 35 year history, we've remained focused on value investing for institutional investors through the consistent application of our fundamentally-based, disciplined approach to the stock and bond markets. Our wide range of value products allows us to address the specific needs of our broad and sophisticated client base.
Today, we're owned by 17 active General Partners and are characterized by our independence, stability and broad distribution of ownership. Our 27 investment professionals are supported by a staff of 17, all of whom are located in our Charlotte, North Carolina headquarters.
If interested, please email to email@example.com the following items in PDF format:
- A cover letter that explains your passion for investing, your determination to succeed in a very competitive investment arena, and your particular fit for this role;
- An investment write-up (preferably no longer than 5-10 pages) recommending a US company greater than $10B in market cap; and
- A one-page resume.