Hirtle Callaghan is a growing firm that manages over $20 billion for our endowment, foundation, healthcare, and philanthropically minded family clients. The firm intends to expand our private equity program significantly in the coming years. We are, therefore, looking to add a talented investment professional to work closely with Stephen Vaccaro (Director), who leads our private equity program, and Dan McCollum (Deputy CIO), who oversees manager selection across asset classes. Mr. Vaccaro was previously a senior investment team member at the University of Pennsylvania and Princeton University. He also worked as a management consultant for BCG in New York and Moscow. Mr. McCollum was previously one of two managing directors at Brown University’s Investment Office. Prior to Brown, Mr. McCollum was a managing director at Narragansett Asset Management, a family office, where he managed a portfolio of direct investments in equities, corporate and sovereign debt, and currencies.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
In this role, you will be a critical member of our investment team, which is responsible for asset allocation, manager selection, and risk assessment. You will have exposure to multiple investment classes, while spending the bulk of your time helping to enhance our private equity portfolio and overall program. You will receive mentorship from seasoned investment professionals and have the opportunity for long-term career advancement.
KEY ASPECTS OF THIS ROLE:
- Identifying and building relationships with exceptional venture, buyout, and growth equity managers globally
- Coordinating all aspects of our investment due diligence process
- Preparing investment proposals for our investment committee and actively participating in investment deliberations and discussions
- Representing the firm in our regular interactions with current investment partners
- Supporting the investment team in various capacities and forums
- Genuine passion for the investment industry
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Analytically oriented and intellectually curious
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in settling in the Philadelphia area long-term
- 3-12 years of relevant experience in addition to college internships
- CFA designation preferred
All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. H1B Visa sponsorship is available for eligible candidates.
We are possibility engineers.
We partner with our clients to achieve missions and build legacies that endure for generations to come.
The markets upend and boom, bust, and correct. More than ever, the investment landscape is complicated by endless choices and constant information flow. What if you could be part of a firm that is a partner for our clients, sitting on the same side of the table – advocating for them? Thirty years ago, we pioneered the Outsourced Chief Investment Officer model to reduce the time and resources required internally to achieve world-class investment results. Holding ourselves accountable to the highest standard, we build complete, custom-designed investment solutions that will open possibilities for greater cures, more education, smoother retirement and future generations. Learn more about us at our website: http://www.hirtlecallaghan.com
At Hirtle, Callaghan & Co., we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our clients and our employees. Hirtle, Callaghan & Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran Status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.