Investment Analyst - Private Markets
1 day left
The Halifax Regional Municipality Pension Plan has approximately $2.1 billion in assets under management of
which more than $700 million is invested in private equity, private credit, infrastructure and real estate. The
Plan is a sophisticated institutional investor that commits capital via primary funds, co-investments and
secondary transactions across the world.
Sourcing and executing on complex global investments require us to work in close collaboration both internally
and with some of the world’s brightest minds in the investment management business. At HRM Pension Plan,
you will join a small team of engaged and motivated professionals committed to delivering strong results for our
This role is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia and reports to the Manager, Private Investments.
The Analyst will be an active member of our investment team assisting with all aspects of the investing and
monitoring process including industry, sector and valuation analysis, transaction and legal due diligence,
preparing investment recommendation memos, post investment monitoring initiatives, as well as general
More specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Perform preliminary research and due diligence on new investment opportunities across a variety of
asset classes including private equity, private credit, infrastructure and real estate.
• Participate in due diligence on new investments, including the identification of key investment merits
and risks, performing valuation analysis, building / reviewing financial models, and assisting with legal
and tax reviews.
• Track existing private investments by undertaking various analysis on portfolio performance, monitoring
financial and operating results, and over time, interacting directly with our investment partners.
• Provide input with respect to private investments for quarterly investment performance & compliance
• Perform other administrative tasks as required.
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, economics or a similar quantitative discipline with strong
academic results. Candidates with post graduate education such as a Master in Finance will also be
• Both new graduates and candidates with up to two years of related financial services experience will
be considered for this role. For new graduates, prior co-op or internship experience in finance
or accounting will be an asset.
• An interest in pursuing related professional designations (CFA / CAIA).
• Personable with strong client facing and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills will serve the successful candidate well, while both working in our
genuinely collegial environment and developing a diverse range of external partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of commitment to the job, a genuine passion for investing and an
ability to deliver top notch work. To be successful in this role, candidates will also require a proactive approach
to their work and a deep sense of ownership and initiative.
Candidates can expect intellectually stimulating work in a fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to
grow and develop a well-rounded set of skills as an investor. The Pension Plan will also sponsor and
appropriately support candidates in furthering their education and pursuing professional designations.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter indicating why you would be a good
candidate for the job, and university transcripts to Vishnu Mohanan (email@example.com). Additional
information about the Plan may be found at www.hrmpensionplan.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest
but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.