4 days left
Hugessen Consulting is a dynamic, growing consulting firm serving boards of directors of public and private companies. Our mission is to be the leading provider of advice on executive compensation, performance measurement and assessment, and related governance to the boards of medium and large companies in Canada, and the U.S.
Principal areas of support and advice include:
- Executive compensation: philosophy, plan design, levels of pay, and practices;
- Corporate and individual performance measurement to support business strategy, including measures, standards, and evaluation; and,
- Related governance matters, including regulatory compliance, disclosure, shareholder issues, and the role of the board, committee, management, and advisors.
Our clients are the boards of both top-tier and mid-market public and private companies spanning a wide range of industries: energy and resources, banking and insurance, pension funds and asset management, high technology, transportation, real estate, utilities, telecommunications, retail, and aerospace and defense. We work closely with the highest level of leadership at these clients – boards of directors and C-suite executives.
Our culture encourages people to be passionate, driven, curious and adventurous. We have diverse career backgrounds including law, governance, investment banking, private equity, and management consulting and human resources. Since launching the firm in 2006, we have taken strategic retreats in Niagara, Collingwood and Las Vegas. We have explored ancient caves, seen multiple Cirque du Soleil shows, been sailing, attended the rodeo and dined in the dark. We encourage everyone to play a role in building a great company.
With offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Montreal, partner firms with offices in New York and LA, and affiliates in London, UK we are a growing firm with an expanding international footprint.
For more information about Hugessen Consulting, please visit: www.hugessen.com
We are seeking a candidate that is analytical, interesting, driven, curious, and a well-rounded team player with an interest in finance, compensation and governance, who possesses exceptional communication skills, maturity and judgment. Our work is relied upon at the highest level of corporate decision-making, so we need people who are willing to sweat the details. We also need people who enjoy learning different business models, seeing the bigger picture, and adapting to new roles and circumstances.
The Associate role provides a strong foundation for professionals looking to further pursue successful careers. Associates at Hugessen make meaningful contributions to client work, have direct exposure to clients at the highest level of business leadership, and take leadership roles on internal projects within the firm. In this role, the successful individual will work directly with partners, principals, managers, and analysts in a collaborative manner that encourages learning and recognizes contributions. Associates develop expertise in finance, compensation, individual and corporate performance measurement, taxation, and related corporate governance. In addition, they build functional skills such as project management, client management, writing, and presenting. The role provides an unparalleled opportunity to work on high-stakes, high-profile projects with boards to ensure that the companies they oversee create the value expected from them.
Given the role, this individual will play an integral part in the company’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- An undergraduate degree in business, commerce, or other technical field (i.e. engineering) complemented by business experience;
- CFA or CA designations would be beneficial; and,
- A post graduate degree (e.g., business or law) would be a definite asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in either compensation or executive compensation, finance, strategy or a related field*
- Proven analytical and technical (excel) skills;
- Proven written and presentation skills; and,
- Ability to develop and build solid client relationships.
*subject to Hugessen’s discretion
- Highly professional with a proven ability to work in a consultative and collaborative manner;
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Intellectual curiosity, creative and the ability to see the big picture;
- Exceptional presentation and verbal skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messaging to a broad range of audiences;
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to clearly translate concepts into impactful and concise messaging;
- Results driven, takes ownership and holds others accountable;
- Self-reliant, confident and persistent;
- Energetic, articulate, and well organized;
- Strong focus on quality and delivery of services, demonstrated “roll-up-the sleeves” style to getting things done; and,
- Problem solver with the ability to identify causes of problems and issues in a situation.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please specify the position title in the the email subject line. Only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.