The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assists Sr. Portfolio manager on the team in managing and evaluating larger, more complex investment accounts.
- Operates within the framework of the underlying document, working with the manager to develop strategies designed to achieve specific investment goals.
- Manages investment activities for a full set of small to medium sized revenue producing accounts, which range from common trust funds to individual assets.
- Manages accounts with managerial input regarding investment decisions.
- Works with manager to develop and direct the execution of programs designed to achieve investment objectives for a moderate sized account or family relationships.
- Consults with manager and personal trust partners to identify the purpose or intentions of the trust/agency agreement and the level of investment authority granted to the trustee/agent.
- Seeks managerial guidance to develop individual investment strategies for each assigned account, based on account circumstances and investment policy guidelines.
- Maintains extensive contact with personal trust relationship managers, to ensure communication of trust/agency requirements, and coordinate portfolio activity.
- Calls client to discuss possible investment changes or assess account circumstances.
- Develops knowledge of investment strategies and instruments through contact with the investment research area and other industry professionals, as well as through personal education and research.
- Serves on ad hoc committees of investment services staff as requested.
- Works with personal financial planning staff to develop new investment business.
- Ensures the completion of processing needs relative to the administration of assigned accounts. Researches discrepancies involved with investment processing.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in investment services in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of investment, economic and financial principles, usually acquired through completion of a formal degree program, is
- required to manage investment activities.
- Analytical and interpretive skills are needed to understand client needs in the context of investment strategies.
- Advanced degree or CFA or other professional designation