SENIOR CORPORATE FINANCE / TREASURY ROLE
At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by the passion to be the best.
Paramount is dynamic, fast-paced and unsatisfied with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into being one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
Be part of the energy. Join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity:
Paramount is known for its strong capabilities in the execution of creative, innovative and value-adding strategic, financing and capital markets transactions and is seeking a well-qualified professional to join the team.
This position is based in our Calgary office and reports to the Vice President Finance, Capital Markets. Title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring, evaluation, structuring and execution of capital markets and other transactions
- Maintaining and developing banking relationships
- Oversight and maintenance of the Company's credit agreements and ISDA agreements, including compliance and periodic renewals
- Support the Company's finance-related risk management programs, including but not limited to:
- Management and reporting of counterparty credit risk
- Evaluation, implementation and maintenance of finance risk management strategies
- Annual review and renewal of the Company's insurance program
- Oversight of the timely reporting and resolution of insurance claims
- Assistance in the oversight of day-to-day treasury and banking operations
- Debt capital markets investor relations activities
- Maintaining relationships with credit rating agencies and supporting periodic ratings review processes
- Transaction and analytical support, including to other departments
- Other special projects and assignments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional designation such as a CPA or CFA, or an MBA is preferred
- At least ten years relevant work experience in treasury, banking, risk management and/or corporate finance
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, and an ability to effectively collaborate across the organization
- Motivated self-starter, able to handle significant and varied workloads
- Creative, flexible and adaptive
- Lateral thinker
Benefits of Joining the Paramount Team
This position will provide you with an opportunity to leverage your skills in support of a nimble, Canadian-based energy company. You will receive on-the-job experience, coaching and training and work in a collaborative learning environment. Paramount offers competitive compensation that includes excellent health and wellness benefits.
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors