Graduate Trainee - Family Office
You will have the opportunity to work alongside the Chief Investment Officer and learn the ropes of working in a boutique and global staged family office. You will be given great opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills through participating in cross functional projects with a boutique multi-family office. You’ll return to university with an international perspective on portfolio management, client relationship management, investment sales and marketing that will set you up for life.
Key responsibilities of the grad:
- International Venture Capital Sales:
– Exposure yourself to the strong growing venture capital space.
– Analyze venture reports and detailed valuation models.
– Organize and create pitch decks and presentations.
– Experience first-hand the responsibility of a front-office sales professional in engaging reputable organizations.
– Handle venture capital sales initiative by engaging HNW families and senior investment managers.
– Manage the entire marketing process of making first contact, sales calls, campaigns, follow-up notes and etc, to nurture the relationships.
- Client Servicing:
– Service our existing UHNW families by executing account documentation (information gathering, liaising with various parties, and following up for account completion).
– Monitor client balances and report cashflow status.
– Manage client advisory documents and review written communications.
– Attend client meetings across the region in person or via secure teleconference
*Through this experience you will be able to gain technical knowledge, customer relationship
Management skill and work with highly confidential information.
- Portfolio Responsibilities:
– Update detailed securities research and technical ideas.
– Manage charting packs and research feeds.
– Work on investment ideas with the portfolio managers.
– Present sound investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Operational Responsibilities:
– Forecast projected liability-matched cashflows and reconcile with actual incoming.
– Book trades on a timely and meticulously manner
– Resolve settlement and funding issues
– Track cash movements and handle security checks
- Administrative responsibilities:
– Manage client documentation and keep proper records to comply with strict compliance rules.
– Manage travel/hotel bookings for senior executives
– Process expense claims
– Facilitate mailing of client documentation, arranging couriers, or hand-delivering documents
- Maintain markets and legal knowledge and display an ability to identify the impact of change.
- A good understanding of financial markets across asset classes – essential.
- Some awareness of tax rules for non-domiciled clients.
- Some understanding of private bank products.
- Tier-one university degree in finance, accounting or economics with strong technical skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, VBA, Programming Skill and etc.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving – essential.
- Strong communication skill.
You will be:
A strong team player who enjoys working in a target driven and client focused servicing environment.
- An excellent communicator with high EQ and think outside of the box.
- Confident, proactive, compliant, act with integrity and illustrate client and markets knowledge with a sense of urgency.
- Active across both academic and sporting arenas to remain ahead of a highly competitive and pressurizing industry.
- Good analytical skills and technical knowledge on investments in general.
- Above all you’ll be ready to soak up new sales and marketing ideas and concepts and take on whatever responsibility that comes your way.
You will learn to:
- Work with global business leaders with vast amount of corporate experience and portfolio managers with vast international exposure.
- Create a flexible working environment within a highly efficient and successful team;
- Service clients in a professional manner to deepen the relationship.
- Receive exposure to a wide range of asset classes: fixed income, equities, derivatives, FX, commercial and distressed property, hedge funds and private equity.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors