Merriman is searching for an exceptional person to join our team as a partner track Wealth Advisor. The person filling this position will work as an integral team member with one or more advisors, associate advisors, and client service associates to empower our clients to live fully by helping them with all aspects of their financial lives. The person who fills this position will have an immediate opportunity to serve clients and contribute to the growth of the firm with the potential to progress into team leadership. We are highly selective in choosing team members and seek a unique individual who has a driving passion for engaging with and taking care of clients, helping the firm bring our wealth management process to more clients, and making Merriman an amazing place to work. We are a well-established and expanding wealth management firm that needs people who will grow with us, personally and professionally.
As a Wealth Advisor, your primary roles will be taking care of our current clients and finding and taking new clients through our Discovery process. You and your support team will work directly with our clients to understand and help them achieve their financial goals including:
- Meeting with them regularly to talk about changes in the financial situation, to answer their questions, and to review their investment performance
- Performing ongoing financial planning for them including cash flow, income, tax, estate, and charitable giving
- Interfacing with their professional team of accountant(s), attorney(s), and insurance professionals
- Collaborating with the Research department to discuss and customize their investments
Bringing the benefits of our wealth management process to more clients is also an important part of the role. You will be expected to:
- Actively seek referrals from current clients and your professional and personal network
- Proactively lead events such as dinners, retirement parties, and educational events and interact with prospective clients to answer questions and talk about Merriman
- Research and create articles, blog posts, and videos on financial planning topics
Wealth advisors are leaders in the firm and help embody our values:
- Mentoring and supporting the development of associate advisors and client service associates on their team
- Actively working to improve and expand the financial planning services that we offer clients and expanding their professional knowledge
- Being active in the community and being of service to those around them
You will need to comprehend the details of our investment strategies, our proprietary investment process, investment products and programs, and the asset allocation tools that we use. You will be responsible for providing trade instructions for your clients’ accounts as well as cultivating relationships with professionals to serve on networking teams.
We opened our doors in 1983 and quickly learned that wealth management is not just about managing money. It’s about helping people the way we would want to be helped.
Today we manage approximately $2.5 billion in investments in three locations around the Pacific Northwest, giving ongoing advice to thousands of clients across the country. We seek to provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management to anyone seeking professional advice on one of the most important aspects of their lives. We were founded on the principle that everyone deserves transparent, unbiased advice that is best for them at a cost that they can afford. We continue to strive to provide that every day in serving a wide range of clients from mid-career professionals to retirees with assets from $250,000 to >$20M who share our belief that everyone deserves to live fully.
First and foremost, we are seeking a candidate who loves working with people, is analytical and detail-oriented, is a great team player and collaborator. The candidate must have previous experience providing financial advice in the financial services industry.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Committed to exceptional client service
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Comfortable dealing with information that is sensitive, personal, and confidential
- Show good judgment, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates professional poise, patience, understanding, and tact especially when working with clients who are under stress
- Experience leading a small team and desire to develop their leadership skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize among multiple projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and committed to continuously learning and growing
Our wealth advisors are familiar with financial markets and personal finance issues in general. A Certified Financial Planner CFP® designation is desired. However, a CPA or CFA designation is also acceptable.
The job is located in Seattle, Washington. Normal hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may be asked to occasionally attend a client event outside of normal business hours.
This position works in a high-rise office environment. The position requires sitting, standing, and mobility throughout the office. Ability to use common office products (phone, fax, PC and related software) is necessary to perform this job. The ability to communicate clearly and professionally is vital.
We offer a team-based, safe, positive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow into new responsibilities and to accept new challenges. Our pay is competitive, and our benefits include a co-funded retirement plan, medical coverage and much more.
As a result of the environment, we strive to create for our staff, our employee turnover is very low. In the interest of our employee’s health, we are a non-smoking firm.
To apply, please visit our website at www.merriman.com/jobs where you will be prompted to complete our online application process.
We look forward to hearing from you!