Senior Internal Auditor
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Do you have a keen interest in leading internal audits relating to Capital Markets and Treasury Management? Do you demonstrate exceptional financial, communication and team leadership skills? Then consider this rewarding opportunity with the Finance Audit Service Team of the Ontario Internal Audit Division, where you will provide expertise and advice on risk management, business processes, operational effectiveness and internal controls.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- conduct and/or lead a variety of complex projects in the areas of capital markets activities, treasury management, governance, compliance, financial management, special investigations, risk assessment and management
- evaluate client needs and provide advisory services to enhance internal controls and improve operational efficiency
- provide expertise, advice and consultation to clients on the use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies
- provide team leadership to staff and assist with technical training and coaching
- effectively manage relationships with clients and stakeholders
- prepare and/or review reports and other communications for senior management
How do I qualify?
- you have comprehensive theoretical and applied knowledge of auditing standards, accounting principles, audit practices and methodologies
- you have superior knowledge of treasury management principles and best practices to audit capital markets and treasury management functions, assess risk management framework over market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk and oversight processes
- you can determine audit priorities and appropriate scope, criteria and sample selection
- you have skills and knowledge to ensure that decisions adhere to auditing and accounting principles, policies and standards
Risk Management, Analytical and Decision Making Skills
- you have knowledge of financial instruments, risk management frameworks, principles, practices, standards and methodologies
- you demonstrate superior analytical, research, problem solving and decision making skills
- you can use computer applications, controls and computer assisted techniques to extract and analyze information
- you can understand legislative/statutory requirements and evaluate client needs to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, quality assurance, risk management and controllership policies/procedures
- you can resolve problems, identify options and advise senior management on significant issues resulting from audit findings and risk assessments
Relationship Management and Communication Skills
- you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to convey complex information and to build effective relationships with clients, partners, stakeholders and external consultants
- you have negotiation and influencing skills to provide advice, conduct stakeholder consultations and facilitate the resolution of issues
- you can prepare and present a wide range of reports, documents and presentation materials using computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and email)
Project Management and Team Leadership Skills
- you have excellent project management and team leadership skills to plan, conduct, coordinate and lead multiple, complex audit projects
- you can lead, supervise and coordinate activities to establish operative control strategies and participate in strategic and operational planning of concurrent projects
- you can provide direction to staff and effectively manage conflicting work demands
- you have experience providing training, coaching and education to clients and staff
Salary Range: $71,243 - $104,983 per year
- 2 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, August 28, 2019, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 137824 in the Job ID search field. In the Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.