Internship, Corporate Accounting
Ares Management is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented student for our Corporate Accounting team based in our Culver City office. Our ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work on various projects and deliver a true business impact while being exposed to our exciting business and industry.
Reports to: Global Controller, Corporate Accounting
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in special projects including the system implementation for Onestream for consolidation and reporting purposes and Management Reporter for internal Management reports.
- Participate in the quarterly consolidation reporting process by reviewing the input of fund financial statements, compiling tie out binders for the financials and footnotes, assisting with the cross referencing of numbers between different areas of the financials, MD&A, and earnings release.
- Perform weekly updates of cash activity for projection purposes, and other Treasury activities.
- Assist with administrative duties such as filing, scanning, collating and organizing financial information and support; and other duties as directed by management of the Accounting and Finance teams.
Education: Currently enrolled in an accredited university, majoring or minoring in accounting and/or business administration with an emphasis in accounting.
Experience Required: 1-2 years of accounting courses
- Ability and desire to experience a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player and take on ad hoc tasks as needed
- Microsoft Office skills preferred, specifically in Excel and Word
Ares Management Corporation (“Ares” or the “Firm”) is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $137 billion of assets under management ("AUM") and over 1,000 employees. We seek to deliver attractive performance to our investor base across our investment groups and strategies, including credit, private equity and real estate. The firm is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "ARES".
Ares Management LLC (together with its related operating and administrative subsidiaries, “Ares Management”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Ares Management will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.